My name is Rylan Schaeffer, and I work at Uber Technologies as a Data Scientist since October 2018. It's generally advisable to share a picture of oneself so that others will know what one looks like. Previously, I
- earned my Master's of Research in Cognitive Neuroscience at University College London under Dr. Stephen Fleming on metacognition, where Julius Kunze, Louis Kirsch and I started UCL's Artificial Intelligence Journal Club.
- conducted research on applying supervised deep learning to DNA sequencing as an intern at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- earned two BS degrees at UC Davis in computer science engineering and statistics, where I received the UC Davis Computer Science Department's 2016 Outstanding Senior Award for teaching three undergraduate courses and for organizing and co-hosting over a dozen faculty talks aimed at bridging the divide between undergraduates and professors. I intially tried biomedical engineering, switched to business, and then pursued a major of my own creation aimed at studying persuasion and motivation before choosing CSE and Stats.
- served as CFO and COO of ASUCD (overseeing a $12 million annual operating budget and 20+ units) and as the undergraduate representative on the UC Davis College of Engineering Dean Recruitment Advisory Committee.
- won the national Congressional debate tournament in high school.
|Summarization of Others' Research||Student Led Courses||Talks|